Having A True Blood Party?By
Are you having a True Blood Party to celebrate the start of Season 2? Or what about celebrating the fact that LAFAYETTE IS ALIVE! Whatever the reason, here are some cool drink recipes to use:
Vampire Kiss Martini
1 part vodka, chilled
1 part Champagne
1 part Chambord
Garnish with blood orange slices.
To make the martini directly in the glass:
-pour the vodka in the martini glass first
-pour in some champagne
-pour a little of the Chambord over the back of a spoon to make it float on top of the drink. Enjoy!
Eric’s Vampire “Redrum” Punch
4 cups cranberry juice
2 cups orange juice
2 cups pineapple juice
Add liberal amounts of your favorite rum or vodka
1 bottle ginger ale
Mix together the juices and alcohol in a large bowl and chill. Pour in the ginger ale just before serving. Serve the punch in martini or cocktail glasses that have been chilled with a salt or sugar rim (see instructions for coating the rims below).
To Add a Sugar or Salt-Coated Rim to Your Martini Glasses
Here’s how to add a cool sugar or salt-coated rim to your martini or cocktail glasses, just like you see in the photo:
1. Get two small plates: pour sugar or salt onto one plate and some of your fruit punch onto the other.
2. Dip the rim of the martini or cocktail glass onto the plate containing the fruit juice. Lightly shake off the excess.
3. Dip the rim of the glass into the sugar.
Jessica Baby Vamp Punch (non-alcoholic)
1 bottle white grape juice
1 bottle ginger ale
1 bottle red Hawaiian Punch (or Cherry Juicy Juice)
Mix together and chill.
Gothic Red Ice Cubes
1 bottle red Hawaiian Punch or Cherry Juicy Juice
2 gallon size Ziploc freezer bags
1 small bag Gummy Worms
1. Pour the juice into a gallon size Ziploc freezer bag. Fill the bag until it’s 3/4 full.
2. Add the Gummy Worms.
3. Close the bag. Place it inside another gallon size Ziploc freezer bag. Close the 2nd bag.
4. Place the bag in the freezer – make sure it lies flat.
5. After 30-45 minutes check the bag. If it’s slushy, push down on the bag to distribute the Gummy Worms throughout the juice.
6. Leave the bag in the freezer until thoroughly frozen.
7. Right before serving your punch take the bag out of the freezer. Take a hammer and break the ice into large chunks. Or, drop the frozen bag several times on a tile or linoleum floor.
When you break the ice some of the Gummy Worms will get torn up (it looks really gory) and some will hang outside the ice cubes. Add the “cubes” to your punch and enjoy!
I’ll be celebrating the new season in my own way. However my “punch” recipe is for creatures with certain acquired tastes.